Saturday, April 14, 2012

The rains in Southern California have stopped and with a new morning has come a screamingly bright day, full of sunshine and some nippy winds. 

Today, I'd like to reference a short documentary on YouTube that tells the story of the Women Air Service Pilots of World Warr II.  Yes, women flew for the military then - over one thousand of them - but their story has not reached the mainstream as much as you would think. 

I bring this up because later this month, I will be unveiling a project that very much speaks to those women and that time period.  I've started a Page on Facebook to promote it: www.facebook.com/AThinSliceOfHeaven.  Check it out.

And check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ztL3v4dBU&list=FLN-qclGqBzdGskhgE1eLHOw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Tonight, I attend my first ever professional soccer (excuse me, footbal) game!  Details of this grand virginal journey to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment